Christmas gifts 2011
I want to remember what I gave in 2011. So here goes:
- To my sister: the materials to make her very first sewing project (thanks, Pinterest!), the advent calendar, and this quarterly surprise present thing
- To my dad: a painted canvas that says “happy when skies are gray” which is a line from one of the songs he used to sing me, every night
- To my boyfriend: a “perfect Portland day” which ended up being a bunch of gift certificates to fun places in Portland. The idea is that we’ll go to brunch at Tasty n’ Sons, then ride the tram up the hill, then go to Powell’s books, then to Pok Pok for dinner and then the Doug Fir for dessert, drinks, and hipster watching.
- To my family and friends: way-too-salty salted caramels (my bad!), magnets and coasters. This was the fourth year of “Kathleen’s homemade Christmas” and I still love it. Every year, caramels will be included, but the other stuff is much more open for discussion, thought, contemplation, etc.
This was also the first year of the Kathleen Christmas letter, which I got a bit of feedback from, and none of it was negative, so I’ll continue that.
- I like the idea of sending non-perishables, because it significantly decreases the stress level of mailing things out. Caramels don’t go bad (especially when they’re essentially a salt lick), magnets are cute, and coasters were fun. Next year, I’ll still send Priority boxes, so if anyone has a particularly amazing idea, please let me know!
- Christmas Gift Ideas made by you (tulsage.wordpress.com)
- Gift: DIY Tile Coasters with Tutorial (justclassics.wordpress.com)