2012 is going to be a great year! My best friend is going to get married and throw one heck of a party, another really good friend is going to have a wedding, one of my friends is in the final fingers-crossed stage of an adoption, and who knows what else we’ll see?
Well, here are my goals for 2012:
Get completely, 100% out of credit card debt. This is going to happen in a few months, and there will be a happy dance all over the place. I’m aiming for finishing off that credit card by the time my friend has her wedding, so it doesn’t look like swamp thing was at her wedding. Right now it’s set to be done in May, and her wedding is at the end of April. Diligence will pay off.
- Do ten pullups. I was going to write “do one pull up” but I figure, once I can do one, then I can do ten. And putting “do one pull up” on a goal list for the next twelve months is a bit wussy, even for me.
Participate in a triathlon. Gulp. My boss is doing the Portland Triathlon with his son and he’s trying to recruit the rest of the office. It’s a 1.5 mile swim in open water, a 25 mile bike ride, and a 10k run. All at once. This is a stretch goal. It’s on the other side of possible, but only just. It’ll be super challenging, and a bit expensive to get into (seeing as I don’t have a bike or swim gear!) but I think I can do it. Scratch that. I know I can do it.
- Be more charitable. Give $100/month by the end of the year. I’m 20% of the way there.
- Get caramel business off the ground. Any ideas on a name for this?
Yep, 2012 is going to be a fun one!
- What I’ll be Doing in 2012 (If the World Doesn’t End) (carlybananas.com)
- Tips to Keep your New Year Resolutions in 2012 (moneyexpert.com)
- 6 Tips To Making Your Savvy New Year’s Resolutions Stick (businessinsider.com)
- New Year’s Resolutions: A User’s Guide (wdfyfe.wordpress.com)