In my day job, I subscribe to Inc’s online sales newsletter. It talks about all kinds of small business success stories — mainly in terms of hard sales or door-to-door campaigns.
But then, today, something else came along. Ten questions that create success. And it blew me away. The author says to think of these things every day, and that it’s okay when the answer is “not today” but they’ll improve your life if you think of them every day.
They’re worth reprinting here, just for reference. They’re already in my journal.
1. Have I made certain that those I love feel loved?
2. Have I done something today that improved the world?
3. Have I conditioned my body to be more strong flexible and resilient?
4. Have I reviewed and honed my plans for the future?
5. Have I acted in private with the same integrity I exhibit in public?
6. Have I avoided unkind words and deeds?
7. Have I accomplished something worthwhile?
8. Have I helped someone less fortunate?
9. Have I collected some wonderful memories?
10. Have I felt grateful for the incredible gift of being alive?